Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Project Two-Bebop

I have a rough idea for my project two, for what sound looks like. Our project is based around the musician Charlie Parker, who is famous for his creation of bebop music, in the 1930-40s. We are creating a museum-like experience to what bebop would look and feel like if it was a space. I want to start with the path take through my space in the general shape of a saxophone, Parkers instrument. Using a quote on the floor guiding the path, showing general graphic images created represent a jazz club from the 40s, and the great times Parker had and was most famous for, also in a vague timeline. But there would also be extra space off the path that I want to partly separate using organically-shaped walls, and on them show maybe the darker side of Parker's life, such as his drug abuse, many relationships, and etc, that may or may not have been caused by his fame and the rise of bebop. Color theme I envision is dark purples and blues, maybe with gold and red lighting or accents, very smoky and dark. I really want to give a jazz club experience. 

1 comment:

  1. a smokey, moody, happy, hip club...cool man cool. BUT try to imply rather that recreate a club. do not try to create a "disney" version :-)

    ReplyDelete