Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Final Exhibition Photos

To begin our project, “What Does Sound Look Like?”, I did some research to figure out what Bebop music really was and how Charlie Parker influenced the genre, as well as influenced himself.  Bebop music was created as a quicker tempo of jazz, not allowing for dancing, as other jazz music was played for, really demanding for the listener’s attention. The creators of Bebop were trying to create a more modern jazz technique. I took all of these points and created my original attributes for the basis of my project, having energy, with modern techniques, and graphics that demanded attention. I used different colors throughout the physical model, using abstract graphics that caught the viewer’s attention, making study the graphic to decipher the meaning. I also wanted to use more modern looking designs, as well as 40’s jazz bar themes. I took these attributes and also applied to the print booklet, using many of the same or similar graphics, and a vivid red.




No comments:

Post a Comment